Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Wonderful Saturday!

This has been an all around great Saturday! 
Initially I didn't like the thought of Chris going to play basketball at 8:00 (he usually plays at 1:00 on Saturdays), but it ended up working out perfectly! First of all, it helped me get up and moving a little sooner than I would have if we were both able to sleep in. I was able to do some reading {One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp - great book!}, eat breakfast, and get brownies in the oven before getting to talk with my wonderful Aunt Brooks (mom's sister) who lives in Colorado and my Grandma Heard who's visiting for awhile. It was soo nice to finally have a skype video chat with them! Technology is a wonderful thing!

Lookin' good you two!

My Dad called in the middle of our chat, and we attempted to 3 way video chat. That last all but 15 seconds before we decided I'd just call him back :)

Love you Papa!

After skyping with my Dad {and Karen and Steve (new dog)} I had just enough time to put together sandwiches and a bag to take down to the pool to meet Chris there on his way home from basketball. I made the chicken salad last night, so it would be ready to go for today. I made it for the first time two weeks ago and it was brought back by request :) We both love all the different flavors and crunchiness of it all! I got the recipe from allrecipes.com if you're interested. I just substituted apple for celery and added slivered almonds - yummm.


Chris and I have been trying to make it to the pool at least once a weekend. Not necessarily to swim, but to get some much needed vitamin D. It's always hot here, but we don't really see the sun that often and it's often covered by "smogginess". We walk to school at 6:15 and usually get home between 4:00 and 5:00 depending on after school activities. The sun sets at 6:00 every day, so it's nice to get some sun while relaxing -- it's much more welcomed than on our typical sweaty walk home. 

Our simple picnic consisted of chicken salad sandwiches, cokes, chips, and brownie s'mores (and some carrots for me). 


I saw some red velvet cupcakes on Pintrest that used marshmallows as "frosting" and thought that sounded like a great idea. But then my friend Jenna posted a recipe using brownies instead and making them like s'mores! She added graham crackers on top to make them even more like s'mores, but I didn't have any. Check out her awesome blog and more detailed recipe at Northwest Nightingale.


The poor guy on the right fell victim to the oven. He was salvaged. . . just a little extra crunchy.


We made it back from the pool just in time to watch the rain from INSIDE our apartment. A recent addiction of ours is watching the show Lie to Me. We've never really gotten into watching a weekly TV show, but this one has us hooked! We can watch it when and wherever we want {and as many episodes as we want! shhh ;) }. Our favorite things is to go into our spare bedroom and open all the blinds so we can watch on a comfy bed, while also listening and seeing the rain crashing down outside. It's a good combo. 
We have just as much fun analyzing the characters in the show as Dr. Lightman has analyzing the suspects!

After all that fun, we now have to get to work. Lessons to plan, papers to grade, dishes (that I wish could do themselves), and dinner. All thing considered. . . great Saturday! 
Wishing the best of saturdays to you too!


2 comments:

  1. What a great Saturday! You are becoming quite the little cooker! Proud of you. Can't wait to see you in 4 months!!
    Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete