Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursdays

Since Christmas break, Chris and I have had the luxury of finishing up at school at the same time on Thursdays - unfortunately, it's the only day of the week, due to after school sports, but we'll take what we can get! We enjoy coaching, but 3:30 always sounds nicer than 4:30!


So, Thursdays have become our coffee date day! Chris is a trooper, because he's not even a coffee drinker, but he does it for me :)
Because for me, sitting in Starbucks puts me back at the classic Commercial Street or Safeway Starbucks in Salem. So many great memories made at those two places!

Chris will sit there and chat with me while drinking nothing. . . but honestly, I think it's more "fun" if both people have something to enjoy. I have to admit, sometimes I have a hard time letting him do things for me just because. I start worrying about him having a good time, which can do nothing but backfire. I know, it's silly of me. I'm trying to get better at it. To ease my mind though, I try to remember to bring him a special drink to enjoy too!


His and Hers drinks: aka, coffee and not coffee :)


Gotta love Virgil's Cream Soda!




Yay for Thursdays and "us" time. 
I'm a quality time person. 
Being away from our apartment allows me to be more relaxed and not think about all the other things that need to be done.

So, thank you Chris for enduring the overpowering coffee smell, taking time for me even when you have SO much work to do, and living with my coffee breath afterwards ;)


Oh, and I just have to add this picture. . .
it's from a different day, but starbucks is notorious for getting names oh so wrong! I promise I said Katie perfectly clear. And yet, the guy wrote this:


???????
The guy must have thought I said "Kanay" or something, because in Bahasa, the "e" makes that long "a" sound. That's my best attempt at making sense of it. At least they got the "Mrs" part right! :)

3 comments:

  1. Chris is a keeper, isn't he? What a super guy! Yes, let him do this for you. I know you are both givers but in order to let someone give, someone also has to take and that's important too.

    p.s. Looks like a commercial for Virgil's Cream Soda. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you take the time for this every Thursday Katie and Chris. What a blessing to be able to go somewhere, take your time off of what needs to be done, and just be refreshed with one another!!! Glad that you two are taking time to figure out what each other needs and making it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for coffee dates. Reading this post made my day. I love the way you love each other. And....here's to sitting across the table from our handsome men...us with our coffee...them with their ice tea and cream soda. ;) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete