Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Saltine Cracker Toffee

Here it is. . . the SUPER easy (almost doesn't even need a blog post) toffee. Make it for any occasion, or just to snack on all by yourself :) Recipe originally from here.


40"ish" saltine crackers 
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
 3/4 cup chopped pecans (wish I'd had these)

*You can either use salted butter or salted saltines but not both. I used unsalted crackers and salted butter in this one*

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet  with foil or parchment paper. Line saltine crackers in a single layer on the cookie sheet.  You might have to cut some like I did for a good fit.



2. In a small pot combine sugar and butter and bring to a boil. Once mixture is at a boil, continue boiling for 3 minutes. It should be a deep caramel color. Immediately pour over saltines and spread it to cover the crackers completely. 




3. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes {how quick is that!?} It will get all bubbly. Take it out of the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and let sit a couple of minutes to melt. *Note: Don't grab the pan after just one minute. . . it will still be hot



4. Spread the melted chocolate chips with the back of a spoon and top with chopped walnuts if you're lucky enough to have them in your kitchen. Let cool completely and break into pieces. I put the whole cookie sheet into the fridge. After I broke it into pieces, I put it back into a tupperware and into the fridge. It's too hot here to leave out on the counter. I like it best from the fridge anyways though - it's crispier and doesn't get stuck in your teeth as much :)


5. Then add any nuts or embellishments that you like :)
A heart for Valentine's Day!


Don't forget your computer (or your music device of choice) with itunes so you can groove and cook at the same time -- there's no other way to do it right?! ;)

6 comments:

  1. This looks so tasty and reading about it made me feel like I was grooving to tunes and baking with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's groove to some tunes together in your kitchen this summer while you teach me more! I can follow recipes, but I have lots to learn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have had these before! They are sinfully delicious! I am glad you are having a good time with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are "sinfully" delicious -- I've eaten a sinful amount! haha

      Delete
  4. i learned how to make this right before thanksgiving this year, and i have made them soooo many times since. why do they have to be so good and so bad for you? yummmmm. found you from the hello hue link up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always a "good" excuse to make it too. . . that's the "problem". Thanks for checking our my blog! Returning the favor :)

      Delete