Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

June 8th

June 8th is a special day.

First of all, it's our "date-aversary"-- Chris and I will have been dating 
{yes, we're still dating!} for 5 years! 

we look like babies! {first date - so happy}

 Here's just a quick little memory of that infamous bridge that 
made our first date so memorable. 
{aka, the "bridge that I slipped and fell on my butt into the water on" bridge}


However, I wasn't just randomly thinking about June 8th today. 
It also happens to be our last day of school, and the day we get to FLY HOME for the SUMMER! 
It also happens to be exactly 4 months from today {yep, I'm counting}

I've been pricing roundtrip flights from Jakarta to Portland since December, and I'm still not happy with the results. A friend here who flies into Oregon as well said she's never paid more than $1300 (three different times) but we are NOT finding those kind of deals :( I've been told to wait it out, be patient, and not buy them more than 4 months in advance. I've been looking through travelocity, and other similar websites. As of tonight, the best deal I've seen [including taxes and fees] is $1729!!!! YIKES! We're praying for lower prices. We're coming home no matter what, but would definitely like to find the best deal possible. I'm no expert at flight finding, but I'm not just gonna settle for that!

Does anybody out there who's reading this know any great flight finding tips or good websites to use? We would love any help that you can send our way :)

Just in case you find yourself with extra time on your hands, or want to test out your deal finding skills. . . here's what we're looking for :) 

2 roundtrip tickets from Jakarta (CGK) to Portland (PDX)
Departing June 8th (has to be in the evening)
Returning July 15th or 16th (way too short of a summer break if you ask us!)

Let me know if you have any leads! :)

5 comments:

  1. I've heard that kayak.com has lower fees. Email Sarah and check with her--she keeps up with that sort of thing. Looking forward to June!
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look soooo young! So cute. 4 months will go by so fast! Excited that y'all get to come home for a while. Hope you are able to find better flights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it is cheaper fly on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday. I've also heard the cheapest day to buy is Wednesday. Not sure how that will work in your time zone. Good Luck, I'll let you know if I find anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I found your blog via this comment, and it was so fun looking through your pictures and posts! I rarely see you guys, but blogs are great for keeping updated :)

      Delete
  4. Yapta.com allows you to enter in the flight you are looking for. It will track the price and let you know when it goes up or down. :)

    ReplyDelete