Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day {part 2: married edition}

Chris and I had a great first {married} Valentine's Day. 
He found ways to make me feel special all day long -- even while I was teaching!
Three different times throughout the teaching day, I was greeted by an entire class bringing me a Valentine message, one red heart at a time! His classes thought it was the best thing ever to be part of the delivery process, and I loved the surprises! My favorite part was receiving them from his high school class. The girls couldn't help but giggle and "ooh" and "ahh" the entire time! What a creative and fun way to show his love  to me at school :)

After school, we each had basketball coaching to do. 15 minutes before practice was supposed to be over, he snagged me from my end of the court [he made sure the last 15 minutes were covered] and said it was time to go! Off we went, still in coaching attire, to a pre-schedule mani/pedi appointment for me! What a treat! I won't go into details, but my feet enjoyed/needed that extra attention, and I had been talking about going ever since we've been here! I had both my fingers and toes done at the same time - felt great! Chris was such a stud and waited in the waiting room for an hour -- while grading papers so the rest of the night could be school free! 


{Sportin' my freshly painted nails with my morning oatmeal at school}

After getting my nails done, we walked to a great pizza place - Pizza Marzano. It's the most authentic Italian pizza we've found here. I get the same pizza every time. . . it's that good! Grilled chicken, mozzarella, peppers, and more. And yet again, I was too excited to eat so I downed most of it before taking the picture. . .


Leftovers made for a great lunch today! :)

We finished at the restaurant and then went outside to catch a taxi. We came to the conclusion that it was "don't pick up the bules" night or something, because at least five taxis drove by us and waved us off even though there was no one in them. pshhh. 
We finally made it home, and had some dessert while watching Lie to Me 
{told you we're addicted}.
I'm so thankful for Chris, and the ways he shows me love. He knows that I don't need a fancy dinner or a big bouquet of roses to be happy. I love both of those things, but I'm lucky enough to get spoiled with those things on other days of the year! I had the perfect Valentine's Day in my old soccer t-shirt and shorts, straight from basketball practice. The spa and restaurant had to except us as we were :) Happy, and loving the time spent together!

Here's a quick picture of the Saltine Cracker Toffee I made. Recipe to come! It only has four ingredients and took barely any time to make. The almond heart was just for fun <3


I forgot to mention previously that we BOTH set our alarms early to make each other breakfast. That's not how it's supposed to happen! I knew that he had "something" planned for the evening, so breakfast was my chance! I told him to go back to bed (which I'm pretty sure were his favorite words all day). When he woke up, we shared good old chocolate chip pancakes before heading off to school. 


I made Chris these two valentine's to appeal to his obsession love for all things Angry Birds. I wish I had a picture of the ones I actually made, but these ones were my inspiration. 


I'm so thankful for Chris and his special love for me. I'm also thankful for my Heavenly Father who loves me unconditionally, and uses Chris to show me that as well. 
He's the creator of love and the ultimate demonstrator of love. I can't forget the biggest sacrifice of love that He made to save me
That's true love. 
We love because He first loved us.
John 14:9

No comments:

Post a Comment