Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Activities

This past weekend was a busy one! When today (monday) came, it felt like we hadn't had much time to rest, but it was still lots of fun!

On Saturday we went out to Grand Indonesia. . .THE mall to go to in Indo. It is HUGE and nicer than any mall I've ever seen. We went out with other expat friends from Kemang (our campus) and Karawaci (the one I visited last year). We went to this awesome restaurant called Tairyo. It was a Japanese restaurant that cooked all of your food infront of you. It was like eating at a first class buffet!
I sure love my sweetie!
We could feel the heat!
waiting to be cooked in front of us!
Dad, please show Grandma that I finally ate an "oyscher" ;]























Excellent seafood! 

Take a guess at what you think this is!!! I'll tell you at the bottom :]  Be honest if you guessed right!


On Sunday we went to Sentul City to watch one of Chris's grade 9 students compete in Kart racing. He competes on a national scale, and was racing against champions from other countries. I went along expecting a glorified Go-Kart race, but I was wrong! The atmosphere was incredible! It was extremely competitive, very professional, and stinking FAST!

Anderson is 14, and this was only his 4th race in the Senior Division. The Senior Division leads right into the Formula racing (Formula 3, Formal 2, then Formula 1 which is the best you can be). In his race was the European champion for the Senior Division, and guys that were up to 11 years older (meaning 11 years more experience) than him! While watching, we learned from a friend about the overwhelming amount of strategy and preparation that goes into these races.  Anderson is mature and humble beyond his years! He finished 6th out of 18 in the final race!
Chris, Anderson, Erik, and Karl 
Anderson's manager working in the pits
What a fun atmosphere!
It was such a HOT and exhausting day, but I can only imagine how Anderson felt after racing a total of 40 laps that day in a full racing suit! What a champ!

ps. look at this cute little guy! they start racing as young as 7! I could not imagine any of my 1st graders doing that!

OH! and I almost forgot! If you're still wondering what the last picture of food was. . .


YAK'S TONGUE! No joke! Not sure we would have tried it if we knew that ahead of time, but it was delicious! We both had seconds!

3 comments:

  1. YAK!! You crazy girl you! I am so glad you are having fun! I really was not picturing those carts at first!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, I probably wouldn't have tried it if I knew before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Driz. That's a mouth full for sure! Hope this week goes well, too. Excited to hear how the chapels go. You'll both be on the Speaker's Circuit when you return! Love ya

    ReplyDelete