Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

From Salem with Love

Yesterday Matt and Janine arrived in Jakarta and we had a nice lunch with them and our other Corban teacher friends here. It was so great to see some familiar faces, and share our experiences with them. The more we tell them, the more they can encourage other Corban grads to come on over! 

With them, they brought a bag full of goodies, packed with love by our parents and siblings :) Oh happy day to us! We got emotional just opening the bag and seeing things written in handwriting we recognized, from notepads that were from our home countertops. Might sound kinda silly and sappy, but seriously. . .it was the best! The one unfortunate thing, was that the bread crumb container [yes, I asked for bread crumbs!] had popped open inside and covered everything! At least it wasn't a liquid spill, and I salvaged most of them :)

Inside the bag, there were several things that we'd asked for, and other surprises that just made our day! We were like little kids on Christmas morning! 

I thought it would be too hot here for these. . .
 but I've missed having something cozy to slip into after being on my feet all day!

Seahawk shirts, and a USA jersey to rep team America at futsal!
















Great gifts from Justin and Allison! Justin, you know Chris too well! And Allison, I can't wait to try out some new recipes! :) We love you both!
















So happy to have anything festive! The tea lights are great for a little holiday smell, and nothing better than a country Christmas! Too bad my husband is such a stickler and wont allow Christmas music 'til after Thanksgiving. I thought being in Indo might change his mind. . .nope! What a stinker!

YUM! Chris is stingy with his Reese's and jerky though. . .

some new reading material for each of us

face wipes, bread crumbs, and bronzer. random i know, but oh so great!

freshwater baroque pearls. linda knows what i like! :)

group shot from lunch today.
janine allen, me, chris, amanda, erik, matt lucas, kaitlyn, chaney
Thank you family for sending us some love, and thank you to Matt and Janine for toting it along with you! Thanks for sacrificing a "little" extra weight in your bags to bring smiles to our faces :)


4 comments:

  1. what a fun care package! ps i may or may not have started listening to christmas music this week...not consistently, just a sneak peak :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't tell Chris ;) but I'm WAY jealous! I want to listen to that new CD, and buy the new Michael Buble Christmas one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait....there's a new Buble? Waiting just got a little bit harder! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I'm pretty sure I've heard there's a new one! And I have some itunes bucks to get it :) :)

    ReplyDelete