Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Random Happenings. . .



Here's some randomness from our past week :

Chris, Erik, and Karl took the boy's and girl's basketball teams to a SPH tournament in Lippo, Karawaci last Saturday. Amanda and I had fun watching and cheering on the teams, along with our men in a staff basketball game that "gave the kids a break"  [ we all know they just wanted a chance to play ; ]
No need to box out boys. . .Chris always makes it!

We both made it through our FIRST TERM AS REAL TEACHERS! 
This past week was report writing week, so we were pretty busy trying to get grades done on top of our regular lesson plans. Indo hasn't learned about giving students a day off and teachers a day to do grading. 
Next up??? Conferences. . . . . . [friday and next wednesday]


I've been consuming LOTS of bananas, oatmeal, and peanut butter. 
I make this smoothie basically every morning for breakfast! I just can't get enough of the flavor. . .
We've finally got our internet banking figured out! 
This probably isn't that exciting to most, but it has been driving me nuts for far too long, and I finally figured out how to make it work! I'm a nut for being organized with that kind of stuff. If there's an easier way to do things, I want to find it! Being able to pay our bills and make transfers all from the comfort of our living room is one of those things! Woohoo!


The ants met their match.
If you know Chris's history with ants, it is one of domination. He couldn't sleep if he knew there were ants on his basketball court. They would die by gasoline and fire! Seriously. While gasoline is not an option in our apartment, the flame still came through! In the picture below, you can see the number of dead ants that he killed using a lighter [ all in a square foot of space! ]

Flame was only a temporary solution though, so we had to resort to some Baygon ant killer spray. Those ants have no chance if they want to share the same space with Chris!


Tonight.
I felt like a real house wife. . .
I wanted to make some no-bake cookies, and actually had all the ingredients in my cupboards! 
So yummy!


Tomorrow.
 I'm gonna try making this chicken and dumpling soup in the crock pot. I hope it looks as good as the stuff in this picture looks!
[another Pinterest find]

*Psssst! Don't tell. . .
 . . .but by the time I actually got this posted, my Chicken Dumpling Soup was done!
My picture might not be of the same quality, but it was delicious!


Next Weekend.
Visitors!!! :]   Matt Lucas [Corban's Provost] and Janine Allen [Corban's Dean of Education] are coming to Jakarta! They'll be doing some work with the Christian college here. That means that we get to see them! They're both influential teachers and mentors, and encouraged us to come here! 
Can't wait to see them!
[ they're also bringing some goodies from home. . .yay! ]

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first term! So you can't get enough of the banana and peanut butter stuff huh? Are you pregnant? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so sure I like your typo "Baygon aunt killer spray". Glad you are so far away. Haha! Love you and miss you. Love your blog.

    AUNT Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh, haha! WHOOPS! I would never do such a thing :) Miss you AUNT Sandy!

    ReplyDelete