Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Oregon friends in Indo


These people are all from Oregon!
And here we are, meeting in Indonesia. Small world.
Tyler, Brady, and Anika (left to right minus us) all went to George Fox. And it's pretty funny how many connections to different people back home that we have, for having just met each other on this side of the world. 

The weekend before Chris and I left for Indo last year,  I was at a big antique sale hosted by Aunt Bee's (cutest little store in Salem!). I was having a really hard time not being able to buy stuff that I liked, because I knew we'd be leaving and I wouldn't have anywhere to put it. As I got to the check out line, with only one item in my hand, the lady asked me if that's all I had found. I had to admit to her that I wanted so much more, but was leaving the country, and couldn't justify buying any more. 
Then she said, "Where are you going, Indonesia?!" (In kind of a sarcastic voice). 
"Uh, yea! Actually I am!" (thinking to myself, how weird?!)
Then she proceeded to tell me how her son who had just graduated from George Fox was going to Indonesia for two years with som friends, to teach at a Christian International school in Jakarta. Sound familiar?
 What a small world, I thought, as I drove home thinking about how random that was! Then, come to realize, Brady and my good friend Addie, had lived in the same dorm at George Fox, and so Addie knew who this "random guy from George Fox who's going to Indonesia" was!
Anyways, it took us way too long last year to meet up with Brady and Tyler in Indo, but since then Brady has been playing basketball with Chis on Saturday mornings, and we went out to meet up with them and some of their other friends in West Jakarta last night. 
Brady knows people I went to Elementary school with, and Annika and Ruth (we took the picture before Ruth got there) know both Addie and Sam from George Fox as well. How cool that God orchestrates things like this to happen! 


This is Central Park, near their apartments, where we met for dinner

 Then, we got ice cream and hung out on the rooftop of their apartment
and looked out at the surrounding city. Quite the view!



These are the same three pictures, just small so you can see the whole picture of the skyline 






No comments:

Post a Comment