Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Weekend Project






















I've been wanting to do this project since last year, but hadn't been able to get all of the supplies. I was inspired to do it after getting the frame last Christmas. I liked the size, and different proportions of it compared to a normal 8x10 or square frame. Several months later, I found the buttons I liked, but knew I wanted a burlap background. Knowing that I had a small stash of it left over from our wedding, I had to patiently wait until we went home for the summer. 
I didn't take any pictures of the process. . . 
I cut the burlap to match the cardboard backing. Then, after I glued it around the back, I basically just used the hot glue to put everything else in its place! For the heart, I used a scrap piece of batik fabric that I got from one of the clothes alterers where I got the buttons. Then I popped it back in the frame, and voila! I like the personal touch it gives to our living room (though I'm not sure I've found the perfect place for it yet), and it was just the type of relaxing project that I "love" ;) 
For some reason I couldn't figure out how to get the camera to pick up the real colors in our room. It must have been the effects of awkward lighting. . .





1 comment:

  1. You are so creative!!! Glad that the Lord has blesses you with downtime to do special projects like these or to go on amazing vacations to see God's beautiful creation!!! It is so amazing to see you two soak up all this time and let the Lord lead you two!!! =)

    ReplyDelete