Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Baking

Here's a little picture recap of our baking the past two days. 
Boy am I thankful we got that oven when we did! I would have been a little depressed if I didn't get to do any Christmas baking.


I remember making these every year with my mom.
I can't remember if we used corn flakes or rice krispies, but I do remember that they were just as hot on my little ten year-old fingers as they were last night. I'm sure my mom probably ended up doing most of the wreath molding then. 
I think I miss her most during these holiday times -- times that are filled with so many memories. I am so thankful though, for all the other "moms" that have come into my life and for the new memories and traditions. Although we're far away, I treasure all of the memories of new and old.


I made these fun candy canes for the first time last year with Chris's (and my :) Aunt Sandy! They take more prep than most, but are so much fun! Chris and I had a great time making them, along with some other creations as you can see below. . .


Santa's little helper was so chubby that he got stuck in the chimney. . .therefore he got a bit burnt ;]


And I think our melted friends might work their way into becoming a tradition as well! 
I'll better prepare for these guys next year with more decorating materials!





Merry Christmas Eve Eve to all of you back in the states! 
Don't be too jealous that we get Christmas one day earlier than you ;]

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and Chris too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry christmas Katie and Chris. Your mom would be so proud of you :0). For so many reasons. I know that these are the things that she too was going to miss :0(

    I'm not jealous about it being early for you, I'm grateful for the extra day. Working on Carmel popcorn and filbert roca.
    Miss you, love you

    Aunt Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you both! Love from Indonesia! :)

    ReplyDelete