Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pumpkin pie in April

Yep! That's what's for dessert!
I like having things to celebrate, and today just happens to be
 Chris' half birthday! Neither of us have ever celebrated our half birthday before, but hey - it's never to late to start! To be honest, I thought about it two months ago, because I had a leftover can of pumpkin from Christmas, and it's Chris's favorite. So I figured out when his half birthday would be, and then put an alarm on my phone to go off a week before so I wouldn't forget! 

So. . . happy half birthday to Chris! We're celebrating with pumpkin pie, American Idol with Erik and Amanda, and planning for IB Economics (blehhh! complete sarcasm). That, everyone, is the unfortunate news about next year's teaching assignment for Chris. But because this is meant to be a happy and celebratory post, I won't utter the words again. They have the connotation of a four-letter word to me at this point.

But the pie. . .
The pie was good.



Sorry, the crust decided not to show up for this picture.

It will be Chris' motivation to get up early enough for breakfast tomorrow :)


American Idol was good too. 
It's fun to have an American connection, and watch it with friends on a weekly basis. 
{Philip is my favorite! I'd have his CD on repeat all day.}

Goodnight from Jakarta! 


annnnnnd. . . dummy of the year goes to me! just realized it's NOT Chris' half birthday after all -- it's next month. wow, that's embarrassing. don't make fun of me, because i'm being honest and posting this blog anyways! it just means we got to enjoy pie :)

7 comments:

  1. Haha! A good mistake to make because you got to eat pie and ice cream.
    Let me see; I have an un-birthday coming up too, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we'll just have to celebrate when we get home ;)

      Delete
  2. It's okay...it's Uncle B's real birthday today and you were just celebrating for him right? He says thanks for making him one of his favorite pies and enjoying it for him too. Love you!

    Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Chris didn't mind that you celebrated a month early!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious because just a few months ago we celebrated Sterling's half birthday a month early too! Ooops! :) Sterling is sitting here with me and is begging now to make a pumpkin pie!
    -Sarah Officer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making me feel better Sarah! I'm glad I'm not alone! :)

      Delete
  5. When you get home we can celebrate Chris's half birthday and David's real birthday. Chris's "Little Buddy" was born exactly 6 months to the day after him on May 19th, 1989. Glad you celebrated anyways!!

    Love, Aunt Claudia

    ReplyDelete