Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day inspired Art

Today is Earth Day! Therefor, my class art project on Friday was based off of the importance of recycling. I found the idea from the blog For the Love of ArtConsidering this art project was designed for 5th graders, my 1st graders did a pretty good job! :) Enjoy the step-by-step pictures from my cute little kids!

Step 1:: choose a design (flower or dragonfly) and get the necessary pre-made (by me) stencils. I numbered each piece so they wouldn't get them mixed up.



Step 2:: trace the stencil onto any kind of recyclable paper: magazine, old art project, comic paper, etc. {I just want to eat this little guy up!}



Step 3:: cut out your stenciled pieces. 



Step 4:: glue the pieces down onto colored butcher paper. 



Step 5:: cut out the shape leaving 1/4 inch of the colored paper around it.



Step 6:: glue this new piece onto black butcher paper and repeat step 4.






Step 7:: display your beautiful work! 



Classroom full of busy worker bees! 








No comments:

Post a Comment