Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

"Los Jakartos" White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili & Sour Cream Sauce

YUM!
I made these enchiladas last night and boy were they good! I'm including the recipe, because you should probably make them :] Chris said there's no need to try any other recipe again!
I got the recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff - they're always posting delicious looking things!
My notes and additions are added in green :]

White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili & Sour Cream Sauce

8 soft flour tortillas
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken [the 2 cups barely filled 7 tortillas so I'd make 3. I also poached my chicken in chicken broth so it would be moist, and added some cumin to give it some extra flavor]
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese 
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
1 tsp dried cilantro [didn't have any]
1/2 tsp onion powder [substituted Lawry's]
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
[I also added 1/2 tsp Chili powder and will probably add some jalapenos for Chris next time]

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 pan using non-stick cooking spray.
2. Mix cooked chicken, chili powder [optional] and 1 cup of cheese together.  Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute.  Add broth and whisk until smooth.  Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.  
4. Stir in sour cream, can of chilies, cilantro, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.  Make sure that you don't bring this to a boil- you don't want to have curdled sour cream!
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 20-22 minutes and then place under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.





From Chris:

It is a well known fact that husbands around the world often times lie, especially in their first year of marriage, about how good the food "actually" is.  I have received permission from my pastor to do so :)  However, I am not lying when I say that these enchiladas were restaurant quality watch out LaHacienda kind of enchiladas.  Katie did not ask me for this note in her blog, I demanded a little space so I could let you all know that it tastes even better than it looks.  Dinner, lunch, and dinner again for me.  Not by necessity, by choice! Good work Katie~



3 comments:

  1. What . . . did I actually see green food on my nephews plate?!?!?!? Well if peppers count that is:)

    Katie I knew you would be a fabulous and creative cook.

    Miss seeing your smiling faces so I frequent your blog smiles regulary.

    Love you both bunches.

    Aunt Claudia

    ReplyDelete