Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Monkey in Jakarta

I'm sitting in our cool apartment while Chris and Erik are swimming. I'm pretty sure Amanda is doing the same as I am [we cherish quiet and cool apartments after long days with little ones!] The boys go to the pool any chance they get, and never forget the camera! I can't help but add this picture. . . even if it has nothing to do with Jakarta, because Chris would do this anywhere! :)

It's monday night, and we just started our second week of school. Chris is doing great, and his students love him. One of the 4th graders from his computer class asked if he was from Hollywood, and the middle school girls in his humanities classes giggle in the back because they think he's cute - but who could blame them   ;) 

I have 17 kiddos in my Grade 1 class. Since I have the same class all day, classroom management is one of my main concerns right now.  I get a little jealous of Chris getting to have lots of fun with each of his classes because he only has them for one period. Not that he doesn't have good management, but I have to follow the "no smiles until Christmas" rule (right Linda? ;)  It sounds harsh, but it's been one of the most emphasized teaching points since Freshman year of college. I promise I smile a lot everyday :) but I've definitely been pretty strict with my management. Half of my class is new to the school as well, so I have  to set the tone early. I wish I could post a picture of my class though. . .they're pretty darn cute! 

Well, it's now almost 8:00 [took a break for dinner] which means it's gettin' close to bedtime  unfortunately. Our days go pretty quick here. We're at school from 6:30 to about 4:00 everyday, and then need to be in bed at 9:00 to get 8 hrs of sleep [we haven't done that yet though, whoops!] 

I'll be posting pics of my class as soon as I remember to take my camera to school!

Selamat Malam! [Goodnight!]

4 comments:

  1. KATIE AND CHRIS!! We miss you over here, but it sounds like God is using you both already!! Know that I am praying for you, and I love hearing about life over there! You both are great :-)
    Love, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria! It's weird to think that we won't be back at Corban with classes together in a couple of weeks! Life post-school has begun! But praise the Lord that we have jobs right?! Good to hear from you, and we appreciate the prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been wonderful reading your blog. God is using you and Chris in ways you may never see this side of heaven. What a great experience--even though very difficult at times I'm sure. May God continue to mold you together as husband/wife and grow your love for Him. Praying for you both, Chris Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chris! We both appreciate the prayers. There have definitely been difficult times, but we are growing through the challenges! There's no way around it :)

    ReplyDelete