Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory. . ."

Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pineapple Pancakes


You can't say those don't look delicious! I can tell you they sure taste that way! 
I saw this recipe on a food blog that I follow, and I've been waiting for the weekend to try it out. The only problem with them. . . is that I didn't make enough! Chris and I both wanted more, they were so tasty!

They were pretty simple to make. The recipe from the blog happens to be vegan, which worked out perfectly for me cause I was all out of eggs. If I'd had eggs, I probably would have been lazy and just used regular pancake mix. I'm so glad I didn't though. I could definitely taste the difference in quality from normal pancake batter. So if you're gonna try these, do it the "from scratch" way first :) You won't be disappointed.




Recipe from {Yes, I Want Cake}
PINEAPPLE
  • 1 T coconut oil
  • dash of cinnamon
  • 4 pineapple rings*
PANCAKES
  • 1/2 c all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 T sugar
  • 1/2 t baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 c almond milk
  • 2 water + 1 T ground flax seed (this is your egg)
  • 1 T coconut oil, melted
  • 1/4 t vanilla
* To make the pineapple rings, I cut off the outside, sliced it into 1/2 inch slices, then used the top of a baby bottle to push out the core in the center. You could use a knife, cookie cutter, shot glass…whatever works. {I just used pineapple rings from a can}
Melt the coconut oil with the cinnamon in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pineapple slices and  and cook until they start to brown. Set aside.
Combine the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients for the pancakes in two separate bowls, then add the dry to the wet and mix until just combined.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Set a wire rack on a baking sheet. {I put the pancakes straight on the baking sheet} Then heat a pan or griddle over medium high heat and spray with non-stick spray. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form on top. Then place a pineapple ring on each pancake. Flip and cook until pancake is turning brown, about 2 minutes.
Then put each pancake on the wire rack + baking sheet and put it in the oven for about 6-7 minutes to finish cooking.

 Like I said, you'll want more of these, so you might want to double the recipe! 
I forgot to check before, but this recipe only makes 4 pancakes. Two were enough to fill me, but they just tasted so good I wanted more. Chris wanted six.

No comments:

Post a Comment